Friday, July 10, 2009

A Week Closer

It's Friday and that means we are one week closer to our trip. This week went by pretty fast. I'm hoping the next week will as well. However, there is a lot to do before we set out on our journey. Need to go over the bike and make sure it is ready for the trip. Nothing is packed yet, so we have that to do. Need to swing by the store and pick up a few more pair of jeans for both of us. It takes a little planning when you travel on a motorcycle. We have a trailer that we pull behind the bike and that makes it a lot easier. Still, you can't take everything and have to do a little planning to make sure you have everything you need and nothing you don't need. I also have some work to get done. Next week will be a busy one as far as that goes. I have to make sure that everything is all caught up and that there is coverage while I am gone. When we get back it will be the beginning of a new month and time to start the reporting process all over again. I'm taking a computer so I can post here daily, which will also allow me to check work emails as well. Maria will be taking her computer as well since she has a little work that she will need to get done while we are gone.

It's going to be a good one. I expect we will have a lot of fun and see some things I never thought I would see. The cool thing about traveling on the motorcycle is that you really do see things. I notice things on the bike that you or I would never notice in the car. Not only do you feel the air on your face, you can smell the fields of corn and cool, fresh mountain air, the approaching rain (and occassionally the dead animal on the road). You hear the mooing of cows and the sound of water rushing over rocks as you ride beside the streams. It is an entirely different experience that the one you get caged up in a car with the air conditioner running and the stereo blasting. It takes a little longer to get places because of gas stops and stretch breaks ...but then isn't the journey what it's all about?

No comments:

Post a Comment