Thursday, July 2, 2009

Starting Off

I have started this blog today for a couple of reasons. First, I've always wanted to have my own blog. Not that I have a lot to say, but I just think it will be neat to do. Second, I am getting ready to head out on our annual motorcycle trip. This year we are headed to Montana. I wanted a place I could post notes and pictures and share with my family and friends.

There is a lot to see out that way and there is no way we will see it all. We will see as much as we can, but out purpose is to relax and enjoy the ride. If we give ourselves too strict of an agenda then we lose the relaxation. So, we have some places we want to go and things we want to see and hopefully that is what we will do. However, as the days progress our plans may change. The key to this trip is being flexible.

Right now we plan to leave on Saturday (7/18). We will spend the first five days riding to Billings, MT. On the way out we plan to ride through the Badlands and visit Wall Drugs. Once there
we will spend a day (Thursday 7/23) at Star Days, the annual gathering of Star Motorcycle riders. Plans are to go from there to Glacier National Park, then down to Yellowstone, through Beartooth Pass over to Rapid City, SD. We'll spend a day exploring that area...Mt Rushmore, Crazyhorse, Custer State Park and Deadwood. At that point we will start making our way home. The ride home will be four days of road miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment